Wednesday, June 15, 2005

so much drama in the CC, C......A

so, you may have heard my home town mentioned in the news in the last 24 hours. A 7.0 Earthquake struck 83 miles off the coast of Crescent City. At the time of the quake my ass was upon the floor thus sending the quaking throughout my body, this was the first earthquake in my memory I remember being in. The TV and the whole room began shaking, Then when it ceased excitement struck I mean earthquakes are pretty cool as long as stuff doesn't break. But the full blown effects of the earthquake became apparent when we flipped on the local radio. TSUNAMI WARNING!!!!! any one 6 blocks from the beach need to evacuate luckily I was far enough out of town I didn't have to worry. After the earthquake went off the phone lines became jammed so I had to head home to let my mom know I was alright. As I pull away from my friends house I realize the mistake in driving I get fully surrounded by the evacuation. There was a line of over a hundred cars and every turnout was painted with cars and panicked people. The trip was a bit long but I ended up making it, my family had called some of our friends who live on the beach here is a second hand account of their argument (by the way they are married):

Angela: We have to get the cats

John: screw the cats lets get out of here

Angela: help me get the cats

John: there is no way we can get all the cats

eventually John gave up and had to help hunt down the five cats and get them in containers but they never made it out to our house so who knows if they got them all. But it turns out it was all for nothing no tsunami attacked our shores and wipe the crappy place off the planet again. So the good news: no Tsunami Bad news: I started work today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you're alright. Sorry that some kind of wave (fire, water, acid, urine, whatever) didn't ruin your workspot.

"And in other news, ironically enough, after the threat of a tsunami became minimal, we found this local store covered in a wet substance that seems to smell like what local officials are calling urine...peculiar!

Back to you Diane"

5:13 PM  
Blogger Dasher said...

"Diane, I think I speak for our entire viewing audience that it would be best if you would stop reminding everyone of their grandmother's cleavage"

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home