Tuesday, September 20, 2005

a morbid poem

a nervous twitch to slit my wrist
the blade's so sharp plays my veins like a harp
painting the canvas red I start to feel a little light in the head
I have no dread this gives me an hour give or take the spread
I think about all the chances I blew
I really wish I'd brought some gum to chew
had I knew that this many lies would come true
I'd have kept my mouth shut and never met you
I didn't have a clue until we got through
now your foot sits in another's shoe
gotta stay awake can't let it beat me
is this a cry for help? do I want a doctor to treat me?
my vision goes black, my face gets a smack
I hear my screaming all the way from the back
then I open my eyes and I realize
it's another fucked up dream in which I reside

-Matt Johnson

"Are you suicidal?"
"Only in the morning"

-Ocean's 11

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The best part of the post is the Ocean's 11 quote. Brad Pitt delivers his line with absolute seriousness! Brilliant.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home